Adventure Touring sends our regards to our customers during these uncertain times. Our principal focus at this time is the health and wellbeing of our customers. The COVID-19 virus has brought many changes and unexpected challenges to all of us. Including, highly impacting the travel industry. (Included below is a list of updated CoronaVirus RV Rental cancellation policies).
With travel across the nation coming to a halt, our reservations team is working hard to get through hundreds of cancellations. Our rental partners across the country are doing the best they can to meet the needs of our customers at this time. Due to the high volume of cancellations, processing, and sorting through individual cases is taking much longer than our normal, making it difficult to meet the high service standards we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your continued support and rest assured we are working hard to process every case. Trust that our reservations team will respond to each of you as soon as we can.
With recent travel restrictions imposed we wanted to share the revised CoronaVirus RV cancellation policies of our rental partners and how they may impact your booking. Please be aware of the pre-emptive steps being undertaken by our partners to continue to ensure that all RV’s are both disinfected and fully sanitized.
Please note many of our rental partners are still operating and that a 14-day campervan trip does meet the requirements of self-isolation.
We will continue to provide updates as we receive new information. Suppliers are refining their Terms and Conditions on an ongoing basis as Governments amend policy’s on the movement of people.
Government Information and Support regarding COVID-19
- Health Canada
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Government of Canada Travel and Tourism
- Canada Travel Advisory
- Government of Canada Official COVID19 Public Health
- Canadian Travel Advice
- US International Travel Advisories
CORONAVIRUS RV Cancellation Policies
CANADREAM – Updated March 30
With daily changes being announced across the Canadian provinces we operate in, we will be limited in our physical presence at our stations. We are helping businesses to provide essential services for mobile self-isolation units and we will continue to offer support to any Guests on the road.
We strongly advise you to call our locations if you have an inquiry – please do not turn up unannounced as we may not have a Cast member ready to help you at that time.
If you have an upcoming booking in May, contact us at [email protected] to discuss rebooking or cancellation options.
If your booking is in the summer months of June-October and you have concerns about travel, you can contact our team to discuss options for cancellation and changes. Email us at [email protected].
You will appreciate that we are handling many Guest queries and we will prioritize those with the most imminent travel dates.
CanaDream’s commitment to you
Guest experience and safety has always been our number one priority. We consult with the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and other agencies to ensure we are aligned with the latest information to help us make the best decisions for our Guests and Cast. You can get the latest information at www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html.
Countries with restricted travel
Where Guests are due to travel up to 30th April 2020 from a Country which has imposed short term travel restrictions where they cannot travel to Canada, CanaDream has several options for Guests to choose:
- Rebook to a future date in the 2020 season, where the value of your current booking will be credited to use on the new trip. The new dates would be priced as per the dates when you booked your first trip, subject to availability. Any special offers given at that time would also be carried over. Any increase/decrease in price will be charged/credited to you.
- Rebook to a future date in the 2021 season. CanaDream will reprice the new trip details based on the new prices for the 2021 season giving the new early booking offers for the new dates of travel. Change of location/units are also permitted in this rebooking process. Any increase/decrease in price will be charged/credited to you.
- Guests that booked a relocation offer/special offer which is not available for their new selected dates, CanaDream will credit the value of the booking to a new booking.
- If you wish to cancel with no rebooking, CanaDream will waive cancellation fees.
Countries able to travel
Where Guests are due to travel in the summer season and there are currently no travel restrictions to Canada or from their country of origin, they can change or cancel their booking under our standard terms and conditions. Which allow:
- Rebook to a future date in the 2020 season. The value of your current booking will be credited to use on the new trip. The new dates would be priced as per the dates when you booked your first trip, subject to availability. Any special offers given at that time would also be carried over. Any increase/decrease in price will be charged/credited to you.
- Rebook to a future date in the 2021 season. CanaDream will reprice the new trip details based on the new prices for the 2021 season giving the new early booking offers for the new dates of travel. Change of location/ units are also permitted in this rebooking process. Any increase/decrease in price will be charged/credited to you.
- Where guests booked a relocation offer/special offer which is not available for their new selected dates, CanaDream will credit the value of the booking to a new booking.
- Guests that wish to cancel with no rebooking, our standard cancellation terms will apply, and guests should be advised to pursue a claim with their travel insurance.
Any special cases where a guest is unable and has supporting medical documentation recommending them not to travel as a result of Covid19, we are happy to review these on a case by case basis.
CanaDream does want new bookings to be made with confidence. Therefore, for the booking period from today up to 30th April 2020 for the travel period up to 31st October 2020, they will offer flexibility on new reservations. Such that, if there should be government travel restrictions put in place due to Covid19 making the journey impossible they will:
1. Allow rebooking to another date up to 3rd April 2022 (as per rebooking terms stated above)
2. Waive the cancellation fee with a full refund
CRUISE CANADA – Updated March 24
We continue to monitor the situation closely with regards to the travel ban and restrictions surrounding Covid-19. For International travelers affected traveling to the USA and Canada and have now updated our policy for reservations and cancellations to all Cruise America & Cruise Canada departures as follows:
- Cancellations: For all Cruise America and Cruise Canada departures (for International travelers affected) booked to depart through to May 31st, 2020, Cruise America and Cruise Canada shall waive ALL cancellation fees.
- Reservations Changes and Re-bookings (with 20% discount!): For all departures during this period (for International travelers affected) booked to depart through to May 31st, 2020, Cruise America & Cruise Canada will be happy to modify or change any bookings during this departure period to any other dates during the 2020 season. In the cases where clients are willing and able to rebook their trips, we will offer a 20% discount on daily flex rate and mileage from the current Cruise America & Cruise Canada offer at the time of rebooking.
Details of Re-booking offer with 20% discount:
- We do understand that due to European Travel regulations, some tour operators may have no choice but to cancel every booking during the official travel ban period (currently in effect through April 12th). In these cases, if the client cancels and then re-books, we will treat this the same as a change or modification and we will happily honor the 20% incentive mentioned above.
- If the affected booking is a one-way, a one-way approval will be necessary before the re-booking can be confirmed.
- Group bookings are not included in the above offer – please contact Cruise America / Cruise Canada reservations directly to discuss re-booking options for existing Groups.
- Example: Client A is scheduled to depart April 1st for a 20 day rental from LAX to LAX. Client A elects to change the reservation or cancels and re-books the reservation for departure June 15th for a 20 day rental from LAX to LAX. In this case, all terms of the new departure dates as per Cruise America’s (or Cruise Canada for Canadian rentals) current program (current published flex rates, current specials, etc.) shall apply, less 20% discount on all time and miles.
Here at Adventure Touring we look forward to a brighter future and know that together we will all get through these challenging times. We will continue to make updates on the CoronaVirus RV cancellation policies. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please stay healthy and take care.
You may be interested in the following article: RVing in 2020
Want to hear more about our specials, promotions, and exciting trip itineraries? Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/RVAdventureTouring/, Pinterest, Instagram @RVadventuretouring, or Twitter @CanadaRVRentals